Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes." - Henry David Thoreau
 I really love the fact that in the Kuku language there is no word to be found for goodbye. I have spent such a memorable few weeks here in East Africa. My time has been filled with new friends, fun projects, exciting adventures, quiet reflection and lots of laughter. I have earned an impressive number of stamps on my passport since my late teens, and through my journeys I have been blessed to encounter a plethora of lovely, unique people. You might not always be able to keep up with every person you meet along the way, but at the end of the day you know when the time comes to cross paths once again, your conversation will flow as if time never really passed. And that, my friends, is what makes travel worthwhile.
  Love.
                  -Kiki










Boomer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment