Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kampala



 We’re in Kampala today to have some fun before we head back! The capital of Uganda, Kampala is home to around one million. We are staying in a hostel called The Red Chile, which is rather quaint! To tell you the truth I was expecting much worse. You can meet people from all over the world, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Not to mention their brick oven pizzas are absolutely mouth watering.

Our first full day here we went white water rafting on the Nile in Jinja. Let's just say, I don't know why this wasn't on my bucket list before! I have been rafting in New Mexico, Colorado & Colombia, but nothing compares to the Nile. 3 words: LEVEL. FIVE. RAPIDS. Our raft flipped twice, and we feared for our lives, but oh- was it invigorating! The genius I am I volunteered to be our row leader with a just as crazy New Zealander. We had the pleasure of sitting up front and watch helplessly as eight foot waves crash over our heads. I cannot wait to do it again!

 Our last day here we visited some artisan markets for last minute gift shopping. We also went on a mad search for local tunes, which we had burned for us at an obscure barber shop. It made for a pretty entertaining story.

 I am sad to leave Africa tomorrow, but alas, all good things must come to an end. Some pictures from our adventures in Uganda -->






Love! K

No comments:

Post a Comment