Tuesday, July 17, 2012

East Africa


Ta purei from East Africa!

After a red eye from Dallas to London, another to Kampala, Uganda, and a quick stop in Arua, I am finally in Kajo-Keji, South Sudan! Yes… the newest country in the world. Number 193. Great place.

The local language here is called Kuku. It is too much fun to learn. I have been trying to pick up as much as I can from my native colleagues, who are nothing short of amazing. Not only are they lovely human beings, but can keep me laughing all day long.

I’m not going to go too much into my professional life in my blog, but I have the privilege of working for an incredible organization that allows me to travel and make a difference in the world.

Here are some pictures of my trip over. Our pilot from Kampala to Kajo-Keji, was AWESOME… like, letting us low fly over the Nile to safari for elephants awesome. He also let me play co-pilot. 

More to come! 

-Kiki




No comments:

Post a Comment